Hair rollers are included in the most necessary goods for every girl’s list since they are beneficial in girls’ beauty work. The versatility and convenience of hair rollers have never been questioned. Knowing this, we are here to share with you all the knowledge about this damage-free hair styling tool. Let’s see what are hair rollers, what are their uses and advantages as well as what are highly recommended items together with the best tips on hair maintenance.
1. What are hair rollers?
Hair rollers are equipment that aid in the creation of natural curly hair by rolling the curls. When shopping for hair rollers, there are various designs and types to choose from. Foam rollers can be kept on overnight, while self-adhesive rollers bind hair with adhesive spikes.
Hair rollers are possibly the only beauty device that is linked with both backstage models at Fashion Week and girls in bunny slippers and nightgowns. Hair rollers come in a variety of styles, including appealing styles, so you can be creative with them.
2. Why are hair rollers indispensable hairdressing tools for girls?
Girls are reluctant to style curly hair since it causes damage and takes a long time to manipulate. Hence, hairdressing tools with features that cater to beauty enthusiasts were born. The simplicity, ease of use, cost savings, and especially their ability to help us achieve ideal new hairstyles without the need of heat-generating machines are the highlights of these tools.
In fact, using hair extensions from a reliable wholesale hair distributor is also damage-free with some certain types. However, hair extensions can be expensive, and not everyone can afford and get them at convenience. Therefore, the hair rollers are more recommended when it comes to styling curly hairstyles temporarily and conveniently though wholesale hair distributors or retail hair sellers do have all the amazing curly hair extension styles for you to choose from.
Whether you want ocean waves or more defined coils, hair rollers are a terrific option. It’s a healthier, safer alternative to heat styling that works on all hair types. So, if you want wavy curls without the heat damage, this is the product for you. Alternatively, if you want a quick and springy curl on long hair, there is a set of hair rollers for you.
However, with so many possibilities, it can be difficult to know where to begin and which curler to use to achieve the desired texture. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We talked to a few hairstylists to find out how to navigate the wonderful world of curling irons. So you don’t get lost in a beauty supply store, whether in person or online.
3. Highly recommended heat-free hair rollers
To get the curls of your dreams, check out some of our fave curls below. We’ve compiled our top picks, customer favorites, and internet reviewer favorites so you may achieve the most enormous and beautiful waves without using heat styling products or tools but with just the hair rollers.
3.1. Velcro hair rollers
Velcro hair roller is hollow plastic cylinder with a Velcro top covering. If you look attentively, you’ll notice small hooks similar to those found on children’s shoelaces. The main difference is that it does not adhere to the translucent fabric side. Because these hair rollers are self-clamping, you won’t need to clamp the speculum to keep each roller in place. If you think you’ll need more help, add them for safety’s sake.
How to use Velcro roller
- You can use a Velcro roller on damp or dry hair, and you can start in any way you like. Before using hair rollers, untangle your hair.
- Begin rolling the hair in the roller forward, toward the forehead, by producing a piece 1 to 12 inch in advance of that part of hair (size to accommodate hair rollers). Assemble the roller to the base of the hair and attach with a clip if necessary.
- Leave hair rollers in for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes as you go about your business, sip coffee, or apply makeup. You can speed up the process by letting your hair air dry while rolling it; it’s optional. Using a hair dryer on high heat and low airflow, blow the rollers out.
- Carefully slide each roller outward, making sure to keep the hair rolling in the same direction. Comb out the curls before spraying them to form them.
3.2. Steam hair rollers
Steam hair rollers employ dry heat whereas steam rollers use wetness to keep coils. The steam roller’s usefulness derives from the steam’s relative humidity. The steam dissipates and moisturizes the hair as it starts to cool, leaving it silky and lustrous. Steam roller curls linger longer than hot roller curls. They’re also wonderful for giving thin or fine hair more volume. They also keep flies from flying due to static electricity.
- Steam rollers work best on dry hair, so make sure it’s fully dry before using them. Steam rollers are nicer on your hair than hot rollers, but they still involve heat. Apply your heat protectant evenly throughout your hair. Place the rollers in the kettle and wait 1 minute for steam to develop.
- Hair should be wrapped around the roller. Place the roller at the bottom part of the curl. Finish the ends by wrapping your hair around the roller. After that, roll the roller down to the scalp and secure it with its cap. Continue until all of your hair is curled. Let them sit for 20 minutes to 2 hours on your hair.
- Pull the clamp out gently to release the hair rollers. If you comb your hair, the curls may completely disappear. Put your preferred finishing touch like gloss sprays, serums, and hold sprays are all excellent choices. While applying the product, gently rub it into your curls in an upward manner.
3.3. Flex rods – Hair rollers
Flex rods hairstyles might be intimidating, especially if you’ve never tried them before. It’s a little complicated to set it up in your hair because the wrapping method you choose can harm or style your hair. Since it does not apply a lot of heat straight to your hair, a curling iron is a far better alternative than using a curling iron on your hair.
- Begin with clean, well-maintained hair. Typically, a cream, moisturizing spray, or a light moisturizing solution might be used.
- Starting at the back of the head and proceeding forward, comb each region with your fingers or a comb. Because some portions of your hair may be longer or shorter, don’t be scared to use hair rollers of various sizes.
- Apply the mousse from root to tip to give your hair a beautiful shape without making it brittle.
- Air drying is an alternative, but it will take at least a day if you have long, thick hair. Sitting beneath a hooded dryer isn’t usually the most enjoyable experience because it gets hot in there. The length and thickness of your hair will determine how long it takes to dry. To ensure that your hair is totally dried.
- When the hair is completely dry, gently remove the roller, apply a small amount of oil to your hands (to avoid frizz), and separate each curl as desired.
If you still find it hard to use flexi rods, you can also come to K-Hair factory, the best Vietnamese wholesale hair factory for the most satisfactory curly hair extension styles. These similar to curls made with flexi rods are usually pixie or twist hairstyles.
3.4. Foam hair rollers/ Sponge rollers
Foam rollers make wavy, wiggly, and attention-getting hair shockingly simple to obtain. These foam spheres can be used to create a distinctive style or to add glitz to special occasions. It also prevents your hair from being destroyed by hot rollers or curling irons.
- Select the appropriate foam hair rollers’ size. The size and shape of the curl will be determined by the roller size. Divide your hair into small portions and use a hair clip to keep them separate.
- Begin browsing through the top section. On the top of your head, select an inch (2.54 cm) length part of your hair. Wrap the ends of the hair around the foam roller and roll it up until it reaches the scalp. To keep the roller in position, close the clasp. Continue rolling the rest of the hair with foam rollers.
- Take at least eight hours for your hair to dry thoroughly and curl into place before removing the roller. You can also sleep with them and then remove them when you wake up.
- Shake out your curls after removing the clasp and gently loosening each roller. Then, to style your hair, apply hairspray to help with styling while also reducing static and frizz.
4. How to keep the curls after using hair rollers
The use of hair rollers to shape wavy or curly hair is a commonplace home remedy. This method reduces heat damage for hair but is difficult to maintain over time. You can improve the effectiveness of the hair rollers by doing the following:
- After curling your hair, don’t wash it right away
You should not wash your hair for at least three days after curling your hair to avoid losing the curls. This amount of time will allow the curls to form and stay longer. Furthermore, washing your hair will remove some of the hair conditioner and cause your hair to lose its style more quickly.
- Use a thick conditioner
Curly hair which is not styled with hair rollers is often dry and loses nutrients quickly, causing the roots to dry out and lose its shine. Keep curls from drying out or losing moisture by using conditioners for dry hair. This helps to provide the necessary moisture and nutrients to your curly hair. If possible, steam your hair to speed up the hair conditioning process.
- Brush your hair with caution
When combing curly hair, you must be extremely cautious. After washing your hair, use a broad comb to untangle it and apply a little gel to curly hair. After that, blow dry your hair and brush it smooth with a flat brush. Especially when it comes to styling “stressful” hairstyles such as ponytail or braid, don’t forget to prevent putting too much pressure on your hair. Learning how to do a ponytail or braids properly is highly recommended.
- Add hair gel to your hair care routine
Traditional washing and drying will not result in the lengthening of curls after using hair rollers. For keeping your hair looking good, incorporate curly hair gel into your routine.
- Regular haircut
Regularly trimming the ends of your hair will keep your curly hair from drying out at the ends. Trimming less hair promotes faster hair growth and allows nutrients to concentrate more effectively to feed hair. Curls will also be in order, as well as softer and smoother.