Many people often tend to change their hairstyles color as they have dark brown hair and experimented with different tone colors, from light to ash tone. They can have many chances to try them out and may face unexpected problems due to both objective and subjective, which cause worries and dissatisfaction. After that, the question is how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye for the best appearance? Don’t forget to keep on reading this latest blog to figure out how and determine what works best for you for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye.
1. How to lighten dark brown hair with box dye – Is it possible?
When it comes to the ability of box dye, users aren’t likely to get the constant result during this process.That’s why we need to follow step by step to embark on lightning. According to hairstylists, people truly give it their try with box dye. However, people have to admit that dying or bleaching absolutely has a negative impact on hair textures after that. That’s also the reason why wholesale hair distributor business is now blooming to meet the demand of hairstyling with damage.
Besides accepting both advantages and disadvantages of box dye, people need to take care of hair strands carefully on a daily basis to limit hair problems, including dryness, broken supplement shortages: moisture, hydration, nutrients, etc. Follow the next parts to build up your own insights about how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye.
2. Tips for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye
We are about to work out an amazing process for changing your current hair color. You would have a chance to experience surprising things. If you expect to get things done perfectly the first time, don’t forget to check out the advice below to figure out the best approach to how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye.
2.1 How to lighten dark brown hair with box dye – Make sure your hair is ready
The determined factor when talking about how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye is to follow proper maintenance for your hair. It is believed that, make sure your hair is in the best condition for absorbing the impact of box dye effectively. It is also true for any hair dyeing process, such as how to dye hair with kool-aid, toner or so on.
Don’t forget to apply specific shampoo and conditioner, which are originated from natural or organic ingredients with sulfate-free or chemical-free, to supply essential nutrients for your hair development. Plus, users can boost the shine of hair when consuming fresh food or fruits frequently. Doing them, you are making a great contribution to healthy and lustrous hair. Therefore, the perfect hair status will maintain hair color for a long period of time.
Additionally, using coconut oil is a moisturizing agent, which can nourish and prepare your hair texture for lightening and avoid absolutely harmful factors. How can you do this? Of course, users can apply coconut oil directly to your dark brown hair for a deep conditioning treatment three days before getting into how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye.
2.2 How to lighten dark brown hair with box dye – Choose the proper shade
The next step we need to highly focus on is choosing the type of box dye you intend to use for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye. There are two main types of box dye which is gaining the attraction of hair lovers: semi-permanent and permanent.
The difference between the two types is their duration: whereas semi-permanent box dye with one to two weeks duration, permanent can last up to 6 months. Permanent dyes are suitable for those who are okay with a new hue for at least 6 months while permanent dyes are for people who are okay with spending a lot more money on haircare products. Thus, permanent box dye is highly recommended for everyone.
One more thing, skin’s undertone also needs to be taken into consideration before how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye for the best harmony and gorgeousness. The advice is to pick up a hair color that compliments your skin tone rather than a hue that appeals to you at random without any persuasive reason. There are some cases: in case you have cool-toned skin, warmer hair colors will usually bring out your features, while warmer skin tones will look great with cooler shades.
A pro tip for you guys: people can be overwhelmed with a wide range of brown shades in the hair market, to guarantee you are on the right path for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye, don’t hesitate to consult professional colorist online with the best feasible solution, which is not only save time and budget, this thing bring the safe for users as well. No matter whether you want to lighten your dark brown hair, tone your yellow hair to ash or so on, consulting experts is always recommended.
2.3 How to lighten dark brown hair with box dye – Follow color application step by step
For keeping hair strands healthier, hair experts suggest that you should use a dye that is three shades lighter than your natural color, or else, you may need additional peroxide, which damages your hair. Obviously, you may not get the desired color in the first single application.
The proper time between bleaching sessions is at least 14 days. If you have your hair lightened at the salon, wait a few days before booking a follow-up visit to give your tresses time to recover.
Plus, a useful tip: when you get how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye at home, shampooing is not a good idea so that the natural oils of the scalp will play a protective role against the dye’s ingredients. Instead, use a clarifying shampoo to remove accumulated items from the hair and ensure that it is completely clean. Also, don’t get away from conditioners during this process.
3. How to lighten dark brown hair with box dye – Best guide to follow
After knowing all the tips before lightening your dark brown hair with box dye, now let’s see what is the proper process of doing so. Below are what you need to prepare and steps for you to follow.
3.1 Preparation for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye
Are you curious about whatever we need to prepare for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye? Let’s look at the following list:
- Box dye: dependent on the length of hair that we need to prepare one box or two box dye.
- An old shirt or old bath tower to cover your clothes and protect them from dye spills that may likely occur .
- A brush for distributing the dye volume on your head.
- Plastic gloves, which are usually attached with the box dye.
- A plastic bowl
- A shower cap
3.2 How to lighten dark brown hair with box dye step by step
Let’s go to the application for how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye according to the detailed instruction:
- Step 1: To avoid dye color exposure for your clothes and skin, put on an old shirt and gloves.
- Step 2: Apply a sufficient vaseline volume on your temples, behind your ears, and at the base of your head so that it prevents staining your skin.
- Step 3: Make sure to mix dye and developer in a plastic bowl.
- Step 4: To get the most out of the color, section your hair into pieces.
- Step 5: Be careful with this dying step. Dye the front areas because these are the most visible to others. Remember to apply at the roots firstly because the roots may take longer time to lighten. Make sure the entire hair strands are applied color dy.
- Step 6: After that, use a showe cap to wrap your dyed hair in a shower cap and wait for 35 to 40 minutes to get the desired results. It becomes a feasible idea to use the heat of the hairdryer to boost the lightening effect during how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye.
- Step 7: This application will come to an end by rinsing your hair carefully to guarantee the hair is clear. Instead of lukewarm as usual, cold water is definitely a good pick for taking away from the pigment.
Normally, the majority of boxed dyes are suitable with one type of product for hair washing after you dye hair. If possible, please use the hair care product so that your hair will be gentler and smoother as well.
For drying hair, rather than using a hair dryer, users can let it dry naturally and then you are able to get surprising performance.
4. Take care of hair color after how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye
After care when finishing how to lighten dark brown hair with box dye is vital. With the following information, we truly believe that you are completely satisfied with your previous application:
- It would be better to wait at least 2 days to shampoo your hair. The reason is with this proper period, the color will have more time to settle in your hair fibers this way.
- In case someone asks us that we should maintain the shampoo volume as the previous time, our answer is no. Actually, users need to pick up hair care products, such as shampoo or conditioners which are specially designed for dyed hair to maintain its colors as long as possible.
- Besides, users shouldn’t ignore hair care routines, including moisturizing, hair masks, hair sprays, or something like that. Because the combination of all of them makes a huge difference for your vibrant hair look gradually.
- The next tip is to avoid high temperatures as much as possible. It is preferable to use cool warm or lukewarm with its ability to prevent damage and break effectively for color-treated hair. Plus, taking curling irons, hair straighteners, and blow dryers as typical examples for heat styling tools. Their visible influence for your hair is a fading factor. Whenever you need to style your hair with the tools mentioned above, use a thermal protectant hair serum or spray to minimize their effects for such a long time.
- Last but not least, supplying essential nutrients for the health of colored hair. We are referring to different kinds of vitamins that are extremely vital for maintaining the health and luster of color-treated hair. People need to add vitamin C for scalp health, biotin and vitamin B for hair texture improvement through a wide range of foods: salmon, carrots, egg yolks, etc.