Have you ever thought of making a hair extension for yourself? Normally, hair extensions are made by skillful workers in hair factories, so it is unbelievable to make one by yourself! However, there are so many instructions now on how to make clip in hair extensions. Are they reliable? If yes, what are the details to make a clip in hair extension by yourself? What are the things to take notice of? We will answer all your questions in this post.
1. How to make clip in hair extensions: What are clip in hair extensions?
For hair extension users, you are definitely so familiar with the clip in hair extensions. However, to make it clear for anyone who comes across this post and is new to the hair extension field, now we’ll briefly clarify what clip in hair extensions are.
1.1. How to make clip in hair extensions: Knowing clip in hair extension and its use
Clip in hair extension is one type of hair extensions which are used to add length, volume and new hairstyles to human hair through the installation. The installation of clip in hair is literally like its name. You just need to clip the extension in your hair. Clip in hair extensions can be made of human real hair or synthetic fibers. Normally, human hair is far more high-quality than synthetic one.
Clip in hair extensions are now favorite items of many women for its convenience. With clip in hair extensions, users can easily change the real hair length, volume and styles in just 10 minutes without having to add more hair closures or other extensions.
1.2. What do clip in hair extensions comprise?
To know how to make clip in hair extensions and assess its possibility, we firstly need to understand the components of a complete clip in hair extension. In fact, all the parts are quite few and simple. A normal clip in hair extension consists of a hair extension weft and some special hair clips attached to the weft part of the hair.
It depends on the size of the extension that the number of hair clips can vary. Popular types are hair extensions with 2 clips, 3 clips or 4 clips. For all types of clip in hair extensions, there are always 2 clips on the 2 end sides of the extensions to make sure the whole weft can stay firmly. The other clips will be equally distributed in the middle of 2 end-clips.
1.3. Can I make clip in hair extensions at home?
Knowing all the components, then what to assess the possibility of the issue on how to make clip in hair extensions? It is absolutely 100% possible. In fact, not only possible, it is also so simple to make the extension by yourself as the components comprise only 2 easy-to-buy parts: hair weft and hair clips.
In addition, making the clip in hair extensions by yourself is also really beneficial. Not only is it amazingly fun, but it is also so economical. Instead of spending more money on clip in extensions instead of normal hair weft, you can save the money by just buying cheaper hair clips to attach by yourself. You are recommended to try at least once!
2. How to make clip in hair extensions: Preparing step
To learn how to make a clip in hair extension, let’s start with preparation! In this part, we will show you what are all the things needed to make clip in hair extensions and also recommend the places to buy the ingredients. Also, to make it as simple as possible for beginners, we’ll introduce the components needed for the glue-in-clip method. This is the easiest method that everyone can do. You can also use the sew-in-clips method, but it is more demanding and not recommended for the first try.
2.1. How to make clip in hair extensions: What are the things needed?
Besides the components of clip in hair extensions: hair weft and hair clips, you also need some other tools to attach the components together. You will need scissors and glue as well. For the first time trying, you should try with 1 hair weft and 14 clips to make enough clip in extensions for one time using first, just to make sure you know exactly how to make clip in hair extensions successfully before making more.
All the things needed are quite simple, but the point is you pay attention to how to choose them.
- About choosing hair weft material: As mentioned, hair extensions can be made of human real hair or synthetic fibers. You can choose any of them. In terms of price, the synthetic extension is far more attractive than human hair one. However, in terms of quality, the human hair extension is far more amazing. Choosing a human hair weft and you’ll needn’t care about how to make synthetic hair soft or many other quality-related issues.
- About choosing hair weft style: Besides how to make clip in hair extensions, how to choose the style of hair weft is also necessarily cared. You need to choose the weft hair extension whose length, color and style can easily be blended with your real hair. Normally, you’d better choose a hair weft with the same color for well-blending effect.
- About choosing hair clips: You shouldn’t choose the clips with too big or too small sizes. You ought to take advice from the seller to choose the best suitable one. You should also buy some spare ones as a precaution.
2.2. How to make clip in hair extensions: Where to buy all the parts
Another issue is where to buy hair weft, hair clips, and other things needed to make clip in hair extensions.
- For household tools like the scissors and glue, you may have them available in your house or can easily buy them at any nearby store. Just remember to buy the glue used for sticking hair and clips.
- For hair clips, you can buy them at big hair salons or hair accessories stores. There are a variety of types with different colors, sizes and materials for you to choose from.
- For hair weft, you can buy one at local reliable hair stores, or for wholesale quantity, you can consider top wholesale hair vendors all around the world.
3. How to make clip in hair extensions: A 3-step guide
With the components recommended above (1 hair weft, 14 clips, scissors and glue), now we’ll show you the simple 3-step instruction to make 5 clip in hair extensions which consists of 1 extension with 4 clips, 2 extensions with 3 clips and 2 extensions with 2 clips. They are enough to cover your head for one time.
- Step 1: Measure and cut the hair weft
The weft you buy from the hair store is a long one. Then, about how to make clip in hair extensions from it, you need to cut it into smaller pieces which consist of 2 pieces for 4 clips type, 4 pieces each for 3 clips and 2 clips type. Certainly, you’ll have to measure the length before cutting. Just try the weft on your head for measuring. The 4-clip extension will cover your head from this ear to that ear. The 3-clip one is a bit shorter, and the 2-clip one is supposed to cover your head’s side only.
- Step 2: Double thicken the hair weft pieces
After step 1, many people rush to how to make clip in hair extensions by gluing the clips. However, you are always recommended to glue 2 weft hair pieces of the same size together to make it thicker first. This is also the reason why we make only one 4-clip extension, but we need to cut 2 hair pieces of this size!
- Step 3: Stick the clips and finish
Now is the last step of how to make clip in hair extensions. You just need to glue the clips on the weft part of the hair. Remember to arrange the clips equally, and make sure there are always clips at the end sides of the weft hair pieces. Then, you’ve got for yourself DIY clip in hair extensions! You can use them right after waiting for some minutes to let the glue totally dry.
In order to make everything especially clear for beginners, the analysis is so detailed. Then, you may be afraid that it is complicated. However, the steps are extremely simple. You just need to follow them one time and you’ll be confident to do it the next time without rereading the instructions!
4. How to make clip in hair extensions: Related frequently asked questions
Besides how to successfully make clip in hair extensions at home, a lot of women also wonder about many other issues like how to wear the extensions at home or how to take care of the hair extension, etc. Now we’ll give you the most informative answers ever.
4.1. How to make clip in hair extensions: Can I install the hair extensions at home?
How to make clip in hair extensions is pretty easy, and to install clip in hair extensions at home is even easier! It is so great to both make and install the hair extensions at home by yourself! Not only is it fun, it is also pretty economical! Now let’s see what the instructions are. The method is actually a simple 4-step one.
- Step 1: Prepare all you need. They are clip in hair extensions, mirror and comb.
- Step 2: Brush the hair. You need to make sure both your hair and the hair extensions are tangle free and ready to be blended.
- Step 3: Section the real hair. Your hair needs to be sectioned into 2 parts with the upper part uptied, so that the extensions can be clipped in the middle.
- Step 4: Clip in the extensions and finish. You should carefully clip the hair extensions in your real hair. Please make sure that the distribution of the extensions is equal, so that the volume and length added is also equal and natural. After that, you can blend, restyle the hair for a more natural look.
4.2. How to make clip in hair extensions: What to notice about hair care afterwards
As the method chosen to make clip in hair extensions is the glue in method instead of sew in one, you need to really pay attention to the hair extension care afterwards. Just make sure the root part of the extensions where the clip, glue and weft stay is well protected from heat, water and anything which can damage the glue. In addition, gently combing the hair, carefully washing the hair and moisturizing the hair with conditioner will also help maintain the hair extension’s durability and its smoothness.