While many people across the world tend to be concerned about their fine hair due to a wide range of feasible reasons such as improper hair care, harsh products or so on, our customers feel secure as much thanks to the support of clip-in extensions. These hair extensions are no longer strange to consumers, but not many people have a deeper understanding of how to put in clip-in extensions in a proper way. That is the reason we are here for further information about this aspect. We hope you guys can be confident in applying clip-in extensions for an absolute hair look for a long-term period of time.
1. All things about how to put in clip-in extensions
For those who have no idea about clip-in extensions, it is vital for our role to discover all things related to this hairstyle before talking about how to put in clip-in extensions in a hassle-free manner.
1.1 The definition of clip-in extensions
The unique point of clip-in extensions comes from the specific installation, which is attached to the original hair with a specific clip, according to the hair volume of customers. With this hairdo, users don’t need to be concerned about the heat exposure or the damage level to their scalp and structures of hair strands. The different quality of clip-in extensions largely depends on the different hair sources:
- How to put in clip-in extensions made of virgin hair: If you are a hair lover and have the experience of buying hair products from hair vendors, you are likely aware that virgin hair is the leading hair type with a certain advantage. Particularly, virgin clip-in extensions are collected from the only donor with perfect cuticle alignment. The strict criteria for this hairstyle make a great significance to the price of a virgin, compared to other hair sources. All the best wholesale hair vendors now supply this type of hair. They usually supply the hair in quantities and more reasonable wholesale prices.
- How to put in clip-in extensions made of remy hair: The next hair source we definitely mention is remy hair, which is gathered from at least two donors. With a wide range of hair donors, the cuticle alignment ranges from 80 to 90%. One of the remarkable points which gets a huge attraction from hair vendors is that the price of remy hair is relatively reasonable. For such a long time, this hair material is also popular in the hair market as well.
- How to put in clip-in extensions made of non-remy hair: the last hair source for clip-in extensions is called non-remy. The special difference between non-remy and two types of hair sources is the inferior quality. It is such a challenge to make sure the cuticle alignment is consistent with a range of hair conditions. Plus, this element is considered an inexpensive price for manifold choices.
1.2 How to put in clip-in extensions step by step
This is the high time to clarify how to put in clip-in extensions gradually to guarantee safe and effective criteria. Follow us as below. Make sure your preparation includes:
- A complete set of printed hair clips in great quality
- A broom
- A large clamp
- A reflection
- Your go-to styling supplies
Are you ready to learn how to put in clip-in extensions once you have all of these tools?
- Step 1: It’s a good idea to use a wide-tooth comb to untangle all of your hair before making sure it’s in ideal shape. Start at the ends and work your way up until your hair is silky smooth. Getting rid of any curls in your hair will make the process a lot easier.
- Step 2: In terms of how to put in clip-in extensions, please start at the top of your head, part your hair. Create a horizontal section on the scalp with a rattail comb, dividing the hair into two sections. This section should be positioned around 2 inches above the nape of the neck. To bind the hair on the top of your head, use a hairpin or any large hairpin. Customers should be positioned on the wet. Taking the horizontal component of the clip-in extensions and combing through them to ensure no tangles will help you to attain the length of hair you desire in that section.
- Step 3: Begin by clipping to the hairline in the center of the head with the clip in the weft’s center. Make sure the clip-in extensions are as close to the ends of your hair as feasible. When clamping, be gentle to ensure the clamp is secure. Clamp the clips on the left side once the center has been trimmed inward, tugging the taught weft as you do so. Then repeat with the appropriate clips. Repeat the process, cutting your hair horizontally, braiding the roots, and clamping the curls inwards until no hairs remain.
- Step 4: How to put in clip-in extensions with various amounts of hair clips. Keep in mind that each weft has a different number of clips, which corresponds to the location on your scalp where they should be inserted. A three-clip weft should be the first weft you clip at the base of the neck. A smaller four-clip weft should be applied about an inch above that weft, exactly on top of your ears. The two central segments should be clamped first, followed by the two sides. Place the widest weft four clips about an inch above that weft, just at the widest area of the head.
- Step 5: Clip in a second three-clip weft to a portion of hair on the top of your head, about two inches below your crown. All of the larger wefts should be secured to your base at this time, leaving only the tiny wefts. On either side of your head, two tiny clamp wefts will be attached to the roots. These will add volume to your hair and make the lengthier part in the rear blend in with your natural hair.
- Step 6: Let go of the rest of the clipped hair once all of your hairs are firmly secured in their portions. Make sure all weft clips are hidden with a mirror, especially at the back of the head where your eyesight is limited. By combing your fingers through your hair or carefully brushing it, you can blend the extensions in with your natural hair. If you don’t want to separate them from your hair ends, be careful not to touch them.
And that’s literally how to put in clip-in extensions. You can also style your hair whatever you like if you’re using high-quality human hair or heat-friendly synthetic hair extensions. Hair and extensions can be blow-dried, curled, or straightened at the same time for a more seamless effect. In addition, using hair accessories to hide thinning hair is also a good idea. The hair accessories will also help to cover the clip and make the hair extensions look much more natural on you.
2. How to put in clip-in extensions – Further hair care tips
One of the common questions that we get from clients after how to put in clip-in extensions is how to take care of their hair. Then, they can apply the hair care suggestions to boost their hair health and also make it easier for them to wear hair extensions. Here are our main answers. Some of the tips below are also applicable for hair extensions as well!
2.1 Use proper products – Hair care besides how to put in clip-in extensions
The first and foremost standard for a healthy and shiny hair look after the process of how to put in clip-in extensions is to build up a suitable hair care routine with the presence of proper ingredients. For more information, clients need to follow a daily hair care routine: opting for mild shampoo, and conditioners with natural ingredients. According to the expertise of hair experts, the effect of harsh factors, such as paraben, silicone, and sulfate, etc makes a severe impact on the hair structures, shortens the health of the scalp, along with a series of influences.
Don’t ignore the practical information in this part. It is supposed to help you make sure step by step you are closing the gap with a bouncy clip-in hair look after how to put in clip-in extensions. In fact, the routine recommended will also work well for your real hair as well.
2.2 Protect hair all the times – Hair care besides how to put in clip-in extensions
If you tend to think that we need to take care of your hair in the daytime, after cleaning or drying, this belief is totally true. We are referring to complete protection for clip-in all days, even your bedtime. While users highly pay attention to caring for hair during cleaning and using microfiber to dry hair in a natural way, it is better to protect hair during bedtime.
Particularly, while we are sleeping, hair development is considered significant to nourish hair strands. Accordingly, clients can utilize hair bonnet or mild material for pillowcases, such as silk or satin to get a sound sleep. This will work best if you take off the clip-in hair extensions and sleep with your real hair only. More importantly, we can avoid the risk of damage and tangledness as well. Don’t miss this point anyway.
2.3 Supply essential nutrients – Hair care besides how to put in clip-in extensions
Hair, in other words, has a lot in common with the body, which definitely needs to add up essential nutrients during development. With specific ingredients, the source of food makes a great contribution to improving the current hair conditions.
That is the reason, after how to put in clip-in extensions, we highly recommend users add up a wide range of beneficial food for the nourishment of hair strands, as well as boosting the duration of such hairstyle for a perfect hair look.
2.4 Minimize styling tools – Hair care besides how to put in clip-in extensions
According to the leading feedback of customers, the shortest path to damage our hair is to use styling tools with high frequency. They are hair blowers, flat irons, curling irons, straightening irons, Brazilian blowout air dry, curling wands, and sort of like that. Besides, we can’t deny the fantastic role of these tools, the significant effect is absolutely inevitable also.
If possible, in case you want to use hair blowers or some kind of machine tools, make sure you set up a proper setting to minimize the heat effect as much as possible. Otherwise, in the long term, your hair will be severely damaged.
2.5 Don’t skip hair masks – Hair care besides how to put in clip-in extensions
Along with the support of specific hair care products, or food sources, hair masks formula naturally becomes a must-try one for a splendid hair look after several uses. For those who are still concerned about the performance of hair masks, these formulas are combined with different natural ingredients for certain purposes. We could refer to some effective elements for a perfect hair mask after knowing how to put in clip-in extensions, such as olive oil with avocado, yogurt, honey, egg, banana and so on.