Many girls crave long, sleek, and healthy hair. There are several factors that contribute to hair being progressively damaged, broken and dry. If your long hair isn’t as healthy and attractive as you’d like it to be, you should think about how to take care of long hair on a regular basis. Below is all the significant knowledge and guides for you to follow to have beautiful long hair. Let’s dig into the details together.
1. Why should you know how to take care of long hair?
Mostly everyone desires long, healthy, and lustrous hair. The hair, on the other hand, grows slowly and jaggedly, and it has a considerable influence on look. Not only is hair growth slowing, but hair loss is growing on a daily basis. That is why you have to understand how to take care of long hair properly. Nowadays, how to glow up over the summer is such a popular topic, and hair care is also one of the sub-topics there. Then, understanding all the knowledge shared below will help you a lot in your glowing up process.
What factors contribute to poor hair health? Understanding the problem is the first step in taking care of your long hair. Because hair care for each problem is unique, you must first identify the root of the problem in order to find an effective remedy. Here are some of the reasons why your hair grows slowly and, in the long run, you lose more and more hair:
- Genetics: Your genes control the length, color, volume, and strength of your hair. Hence, heredity plays a significant impact in hair development.
- Stress: Prolonged stress has a negative impact on hair development, causing hair loss and causing hair growth to halt dramatically.
- Age: Age is a factor that not only produces gray hair but also has an impact on hair development.
- Childbirth and breastfeeding: Following childbirth, the body frequently experiences a hormonal imbalance, which results in sluggish hair development and postpartum hair loss. Why is my hair shedding so much is also a popular question in this period.
- Improper maintenance: Improper hair care practices when it comes to how to take care of long hair (using the wrong shampoos and conditioners, washing hair often, exposing hair to high temperatures, etc.) cause hair damage, sluggish hair development, and increased hair loss.
- Nutrition: When the body does not acquire enough nutrients on a regular basis, the hair does not receive enough nutrients to nourish the hair follicles, inhibiting hair development and even breaking a lot.
- Illnesses: Those have a bad impact on hair, such as autoimmune illness or thyroid disease.
Some of the factors above such as genetics, age or stress, etc are really hard to handle. That is also the reason why besides trying to take care of the hair, using other temporary solutions like hair extensions is also a popular choice now. As long as you buy the products from a top best hair warehouse, you will be really satisfied with the results. A good hair warehouse has all the resources needed to produce high-quality hair extensions of all types and styles at the best prices. They have factories, manufacturing techniques, machines and skilled laborers as well.
2. Steps of how to take care of long hair to be smooth and healthy
This hair care regimen should be followed every weekend to maintain your hair nourished. Especially after switching hairstyles from short straight hair to long curly hair, colorful hair to silky black hair.
2.1. Step 1: Thoroughly wash your hair – How to take care of long hair
Many people still believe that shampooing their hair is acceptable. However, the frequency of washing, the temperature of the water, the choice of shampoo, and other factors all have an impact on the length and health of the hair. Please complete the following tasks:
- Water for hair wash: Do not use hot water to wash your hair since it can dry up your scalp and cause damage to your hair. Dehydration causes dryness and split ends in the hair. Only use cold, cool, or lukewarm water to wash your hair. When you wash your hair with cold water, you help to lock the cuticle on the hair shaft and keep the hair moist.
- Amount of shampoo: We have a tendency of using 2-3 times as much shampoo for each wash when it comes to how to take care of long hair. Using too much shampoo, on the other hand, can take away the scalp’s natural oils, leaving hair dry. Simply take a suitable amount, lather it with plenty of water, and wash with it.
- Massage your hair gently: When washing your hair, avoid using your hands to scrape the oily skin or tangle your hair. This habit exposes the scalp to injury, scrapes, and hair loss. Brush your hair before washing, and while washing, gently massage the scalp in a spiral motion to clean the scalp and stimulate blood circulation.
- Use conditioner: Many people wrongly feel that using conditioner from root to tip is best for how to take care of long hair. However, if done in this way, there is an excess of conditioner, making it harder to remove all of the conditioner and increasing the quantity of hair loss. Use a small bit of conditioner from half of the hair length to the ends, then rinse with water. It is recommended that people with oily scalps use conditioner before shampooing to make their hair smooth and not quickly greasy.
- Don’t over-wash your hair: Washing your hair every day might cause it to become dry and damaged. It is advised that you wash your hair up to three times each week to prevent the loss of natural oils that nourish and preserve the hair.
2.2. Step 2: Dry your hair – How to take care of long hair
After washing your hair, you should pay close attention to the following points since wet hair is the weakest and most vulnerable to harm.
- Choose soft towels to wipe your hair: You should use soft towels to absorb the water on your hair, and restrict the pressure with which you wipe your hair. That’s how to take care of long hair when drying it. Otherwise, wet hair will be fragile and prone to breaking if not handled gently.
- Blow-dry when slightly damp: The best approach to care for your hair is to let it dry naturally. If you must dry your hair, do not do it while it is still wet since the cuticles in the hair shaft stretch, and the wind and high temperature from the dryer force the steam to escape, leaving the hair dry and brittle. Dry 70% of your hair before blow-drying the rest.
2.3. Step 3: Brush your hair – How to take care of long hair
Tangled buns are prone to breakage and damage if your hair is not thoroughly brushed. Some things to keep in mind when combing your hair to help you reduce hair loss are here. Let’s see how to take care of long hair:
- Select a hairbrush: Flat, round-headed combs with soft, flexible teeth are ideal for gently removing tangled buns.
- Brush each part: Brushing straight from the root to the tip might cause your hands to become loose and weak at the hair root, increasing the quantity of hair loss. So, you have to comb each part of your hair in little curls, beginning at the ends and working your way up to the hairline.
2.4. Step 4: Use a hair mask – How to take care of long hair
To maintain long, silky hair, use a mask to offer nutrients and moisture to your hair. Your hair will be softer, healthier, and grow faster if you do this on a regular basis when it comes to how to take care of long hair. You can use natural substances to make hair masks on your own.
No matter what hairstyle you have, whether it is short hair straightened, long hair curled, or straight hair, you must hydrate it with a mask. Leave the mask to sit on your hair for around 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
2.5. Step 5: Adequately provide nutrients – How to take care of long hair
The simplest way to add moisture to your hair and prevent dryness and breakage is to drink enough water every day. Because when the body is dehydrated, the hair does not receive the essential quantity of water, resulting in dryness, breakage, and scalp peeling.
Including nutrient-dense meals like protein and omega-3 fatty acids is necessary in the process of how to take care of long hair. Because beef, chicken, pork, eggs, and so on are rich in vitamins and minerals, they do stimulate hair shine. Avocados, almonds, salmon, and other sources of omega-3 fatty acids will help you achieve long, strong black hair.
3. How to take care of long hair with natural substances
You should prioritize applying a hair mask made from natural substances that are high in nutrients such as vitamins A and C, as well as natural fatty acids such as oleic, lauric, and myristic acids. Moisturizing the scalp and each hair strand deeply is really important in a hair care routine. Let K-Hair factory show you some great ways of how to take care of long hair at home right now.
3.1. How to take care of long hair – Use beer to make hair soft
Beer contains valuable elements that are beneficial to hair, such as vitamin B1, vitamin B12, vitamin H (biotin), magnesium, iron, and so on. This is an excellent source of nutrients that help nourish hair follicles from the outside. Protein and Vitamin B1 aid in the strengthening of the cuticle, allowing hair to grow quicker.
Furthermore, protecting hair from damaging agents such as the sun, dust and pollution, etc. Beer may be used to care for long, silky hair in the following ways:
DIY 1: Wash your hair with pure beer – How to take care of long hair
- Pour the beer into a basin and let it aside overnight to allow the carbon dioxide compounds (the active element that causes hair to become weak and stiff) to evaporate.
- Wet the entire hair, paying careful attention to the roots and scalp, with the beer made above.
- When your hair is dry, you may use beer to moisten it and massage it (10-15 minutes).
- Incubate your hair for 15 minutes with a wet towel.
- Warm water should be used to rinse.
DIY 2: Use beer, honey, and banana – How to take care of long hair
- Half a banana puree, 2 tablespoons honey, and half a can of beer (beer poured first)
- Divide the aforementioned mixture in half and apply one portion to the hair roots, gently massaging the scalp for 10 minutes.
- The rest should be applied to the roots as well as the whole hair.
- Incubate your hair for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- After 6 weeks of usage, use 2-3 times each week to see the final result.
3.2. How to take care of long hair – Use vitamin E
Vitamin E is an essential ingredient in health and beauty, particularly hair attractiveness. Vitamin E strengthens hair, minimizes damage and dryness, and protects hair from the sun’s rays.
- Remove the cap of the vitamin E pill and insert the oil, then apply it to the hair roots and gently massage it in.
- Apply 2-3 times each week to help maintain smooth, lustrous hair.
3.3. How to take care of long hair – Use grapefruit essential oil
Grapefruit essential oil has elements that feed the hair, encourage quicker and thicker hair growth, and decrease hair loss. For rapid hair growth, use pomelo essential oil as follows in the process of how to take care of long hair:
- Wash and dry your hair to allow the hair roots to open and absorb nutrients.
- Fill a spray bottle halfway with grapefruit essential oil and gently spritz it on the hair roots. Spray 2cm apart around greasy skin and gently massage the scalp to allow grapefruit essential oil to reach the hair follicles more efficiently.
When using grapefruit essential oil to help hair grow quicker and decrease breakage, there is no need to wash it again. You should perform this 1-2 times every day, preferably in the evening before bed.